Monday, January 20, 2014

My Magical Miracle

 A little over 10 years ago, I had a dream. I have had prophetic dreams before and I often listen to them. I was along a road, it was night, and chilly. I saw before me a white cat walking towards me. I watched him and as he got closer to me I said "Hello Miracle" and he looked up with golden eyes and meowed, as if to reply hello back. I knew in my dream that this cat meant something. So i told my then husband Erik about it. And waited.
 A few months later a girl came to the apartment we were staying at, and I am a cutter from my depression, but had been working hard to stop. This girl made actions as if to cut herself and it drove me to an anger that I needed to take a walk. So I decided I would walk to the place my husband was working and blow off the steam. Anchorage isn't very big, but it is big enough. I was planning to walk at least 20 to 25 city blocks. I was along the Debarr rd and nearing the intersection of Debarr and Airport Heights.
 The traffic wasn't heavy, but it was early winter, and very cold, and the traffic sounded very loud. I had my head down and out of the corner of my eye I saw movement. At first I was going to just keep going, until i saw it was a cat. A slim, white cat, dirty and lean and scared. He was attempting to jump through the snow and get away from the noise. I called "Kitty kitty!" and he stopped and looked back. I called him and then knelt down onto the icy sidewalk. He came a little closer and finally after a few minutes of sitting still and talking to him, i gained enough trust for him to come forward.
 He leaned into my hand and I could tell he was tired, and hungry and just wanted to be loved. I picked him up and wrapped him inside my jacket and he snuggled in. It was then that I remembered my dream, here was ac hilly night, along a road...and a white cat. I looked down into his golden eyes and I asked him "Are you my Miracle?". It was a magical moment, and I have always been a bit of a skeptic about metaphysical and spiritual things, but this one moment gave me a burst of belief, as he chirped a small but confirmative reply.
 I started walking again. We went past the Regional hospital and as I was nearing a set of lights and mini-van steered in and did a U-turn. A man driving, with his wife and 2 kids offered me and my baby a ride. When I showed them it was a cat, they all laughed but thought it cute and amazing that I had made such a sweet new friend on such a cold long walk. They left me at the Carrs where Erik was working and I climbed into the back of the little truck we had at the time, where a plethora of blankets was stashed.
 Erik brought out some food and me and miracle got to know each other in the back of that truck. We brought him home, and the first few days he spent exploring his new home and getting to know the other people living there. That first day, he came to me, and meowed. I finally got the hint that I needed to follow him. He led me to his dish and then proceeded to eat. I scratched his head and walked away. But he stopped eating and demanded I follow him again. For the first few weeks, he wouldn't eat unless one of us was watching him.
 Later that year we adopted a set of boys from someone on craigs list. We named them Xavier and Destyn (male form of Destiny). Xavier and Miracle hit off right away, and I learned that cats can be gay just like humans, because soon the too we inseparable, and sometimes lood. :) They were the best of friends and the cutest kitty couple. I regret that I do not have any current photo's of Xavier, nor any of the two of them together. Unfortunately, Xavier didn't get along at all with my son, and like a parent, I had to make a choice, and we sent Xavier away. I had second thoughts and called 3 days later...to discover they had found an illness in him and had put him down. I realized it wasn't my son he had the problem with, it was an illness. I cried and Miracle mourned. He would walk up and down the hallway crying and looking. I still to this day thing of Xavier as Miracle's soul mate and husband.
 After that Miracle has made friends with almost every cat that we have ever had. He was such a lover and such a sweetheart. He was always calm and protective and had a very maternal type of attitude. We have since lived in a tent, in our cars and in other peoples living rooms. Once we moved to a new place and he got outside. He was gone for 2 weeks, and I was very depressed. Amazingly and magically again, he came back, hungry for food and love. Finally a year and half ago, we got good and stable and have lived in the same home. He was settled and happy. Until about a week and half ago. I was so used to him meeting me at the door, loyal to me always, and chirping his hello. If I did not reach down and scratch his head he would follow me until I did. He was my boy, and I loved him so much.
Today is January 20, 2014. He had been very sicks for a little over a week. We took him to the vet and his x-rays and blood work came back pretty normal, but his head was tilted to the left and he could only walk in a counter-clockwise circle. He was weak on his feet and I could tell he wasn't happy anymore. Finally they decided that is must be neurological, possibly a blood clot in the brain. So this morning, knowing that I could not see him in pain and so sad anymore, I took him in and watched him fall asleep...forever.

I named him Miracle Andrew Storms. We gave him the honorary birthday of Feb. 9th. This year we would have celebrated as if he was turning 11.  I still love him and I always will. He was my small peice if magic in this cruel world. I have other cats, one who has been with me longer than Miracle, and they will comfort me now, but a part of me will always be missing.

Sleep peacefully and walk with light steps over the Rainbow Bridge. I love you My Magical Miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment